Tuesday 2 July 2013

SOLARGRAPHS - VARIOUS METHODS AND TIMES

2 hours approx - harman titan - Pauline Woolley 2013



1 hour approx - 1920 APM folding camera - Pauline Woolley 2013



8 hours approx - Pauline Woolley 2013 



1 hour approx Pauline Woolley 2013


I have been experimenting with taking solargraphs with different cameras to see if lenses make a difference and then processing them digitally to then attempt printing them up in the darkroom.  At this stage I am not sure if the work is leaning towards it being a supplement to other work I have rattling in my head. They are beginning to lend themselves to other ideas than just a work in their own right.  With the lack of sun in this country, getting the images on shorter exposures such as few hours or days is becoming difficult.


UNTITLED WORK IN PROGRESS - Pauline Woolley 2013
I have begun creating hybrid landscapes using photographs taken on various trips abroad and using them to house my solargraph images.