Tuesday 27 August 2013

SOLARGRAPHS IN THAILAND

Travel is as important to me as making art work and it feels really great when I can combine the two or when one influences the other.  I have in the last week returned from three weeks in Thailand.  Though this time of year is rainy season, the weather was remarkably good which encouraged me to set up a few solargraph cameras whilst staying on Koh Phangan. I picked a few rocks along the beach to wedge the cameras in and for one lower down, disguised it with some sea weed.  The exposure time was around 6 hours and it had to be cut short when I began to watch a storm blow in from the horizon.

The results from the exposures were quite interesting.  A lack of sharpness seemed to prevail in both images probably due to humidity and atmospheric haze.

camera set up - Pauline Woolley 2013
camera set up - Pauline Woolley 2013
storm approaching - Pauline Woolley 2013

9.781468, 99.976358 - Pauline Woolley 2013

9.781468, 99.976358 - Pauline Woolley 2013