Thursday 10 July 2014

DRAWINGS AND PROGRESS

The sun as a source of inspiration has led me to start a series of drawings related to the solar spectrum.  This gives me a focus during the overcast days when the weather prevents capturing images outside.

work in progress - Pauline Woolley 2014
Often my artistic pursuit of the sun leads to such frustration that I begin to wonder why I am actually still chasing it.  It's only when I leave the country to warmer climes that I feel I can gain some momentum, but even then with this process the results can be sporadic.  Having spent many years in a studio painting, this method of working can leave me feeling a little disheartened.  I have to remind myself that even with painting, a series of work could have taken me months.  My reality is a slow building of images that are going to, for me, translate into something substantial and a leap from previous work.  

Four Suns In One Hour - Pauline Woolley 2014